LEARN THE ART OF FILM EDITING.
At the heart of the Edit Center curriculum is Lakshyaa Two weekend Art of Editing Course, which brings together independent filmmakers who need their movies edited and beginning editors who need the chance to learn on a feature film. Lakshyaa truly believes that editing cannot be learned from a seminar, book, lecture or exercise; cutting a real film — for a real director — is the only way to immerse yourself in the field and learn the skills you’ll need to start your career.
As a Lakshyaa student at the Edit Center, you will:
WORK WITH TOP-NOTCH DIRECTORS.
(Read what our directors have to say about working with the Edit Center.) As a student at the Lakshyaa Edit Center, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the director to help them achieve their vision, and you’ll receive a credit on the finished film.
LEARN THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE FROM PROFESSIONAL EDITORS
Lakshyaa teachers are in the classroom all day, every day, working one-on-one to help students sort through material, solve problems, and learn the professional workflow of film editing. Lakshyaa teachers are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with the next generation of up-and-coming film editors
The class will learn how to produce, direct and edit a documentary using this fun project as a learning experience. Class will also view and discuss selected documentaries.
THIS CLASS WILL COVER
* Basic Video Camera Operation
* Selecting the best mics
* Documentary pre-production and scripting
* The Organic Documentary Approach
* Understanding the “Story Question”
* Role of Themes and or Conflict in a Documentary
* Character development
* Interview techniques
* The different documentary styles and approaches
* The “Five Elements of Documentary Production”
* Hands-on DV Camera use and tips
* How to shoot an Interview
* Professional Lighting seminar
* Audio seminar
* Documentary story telling
* How to Build the “Sound Bite Train”
Special attention will be paid to the editing process
A Hands-on Experience at
* DV Editing with Final Cut Pro
* Organizing Raw Documentary Footage
* Creating a rough Outlines
* Editing techniques and styles
* Split edits
* Condensing the interview
* Using Text for Story telling
* Importing CD music into Final Cut Pro
* Using Key frames to Zoom thru Photos
* Understanding rendering and nesting using FCP
* Scripting the voice over
* Voice over tips
* Exporting out of Final Cut Pro
* How to make DVDs with Apple idvd.